Q: Hard starting - 2010 Chevrolet Silverado

engine cranks but takes a few seconds to start ,sometimes 2-3 cranks , it sounds like it does not want to start, mechanic put it on computer and could not find anything wrong -it did this before and they had to reset the fuel values because of too much ethanol in system , it is flex fuel but we only have 87 octane in this area thankyou

A: As you may know, ethanol attracts and bonds...

As you may know, ethanol attracts and bonds with water from the air, and that water can separate out inside the tank due to phase separation.

If your vehicle sits for long periods between use, the moisture settles to the bottom of the tank and can potentially clog in-tank pumps and filters. Damage is also possible in fuel lines, injectors, seals, gaskets, and valve seats as well as carburetors on older engines.

This may be caused from too much condensation your fuel tank as well. I would recommend running some fuel stabilizer through the tank and if the truck is prone to sitting for periods of time such as a week or so at a time, you may want to regularly use this depending on your area. If you happen to live in a cold moist environment, this may help. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the hard start and pinpoint the repair.