Q: P008B

asked by on March 06, 2017

I am getting code P008B Low Pressure Fuel System - Too High. The vehicle will die while driving, while at idle, and sometimes will not start. I have changed the fuel filter, low pressure fuel pump, fuel pressure sensor and both high pressure fuel pumps. It is currently with the third mechanic and the diagnostic is that the low pressure fuel pump installed last week was defective. Do you have a better answer as to what the solution may be?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is possible for a new fuel pump to fail, and it was a re-manufactured then there is an even greater chance it could have failed. If there was an issue and the fuel injectors were damaged, you may continue to have problems with the fuel delivery. Keep in mind there are several other sensors that pertain to the fuel system that are not directly related to the fuel supply. One of which is the EGR system. The "B" at the end of your troubleshooting code will often stand for the EGR system depending on the manufacture. You may want to look to this system as well and check it for faults. For another perspective and inspection, contact our service department.