Q: Transmission slips while driving downhill - 1997 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban

The transmission in my car has started to slip lately. It occurs during driving downhill. It only starts slipping when I apply the brake or while coasting. The usual speed at which the slipping occurs is around 60 mph. The only way to get it back into gear is by applying the gas pedal. I had the transmission fluid checked and it is looking good and at a proper level. What might be causing this?

There are many possible technical service bulletins the manufacturer has listed for this problem on your vehicle. The problems range from internal gears to pressure solenoids of the transmission. I suggest having the transmission pressures tested to see if the transmission is repairable or has to be overhauled. If you would like to have your transmission slipping issue checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle and make necessary repairs.

• Transmission slips while driving downhill - 1997 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban