Q: Idles roughly

88 Sentra intake gasket leaks. Engine runs poorly at low idle. Sped up it runs smooth but has poor power. Cylinder 2-3 don't seem to fire at idle. Spark is good wires are good. I will change them yet. Cap is clean no cracks. Can the leaking intake gasket cause this? I did read on ur page this has been a problem on newer cars. Thank you

Hey there. The intake gasket leaking will generally cause a lean fuel condition which can cause the idle to run high or poorly in the case of cylinders misfiring. The misfire may also be a result of of the intake leak creating somewhat of a circular problem in that the lean fuel condition can in some cases cause the misfire. The intake leak may be responsible for many potential issues. I recommend having an expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your location to take a look at your car to properly diagnose the rough idle and assist with the correct repairs needed.