car was smoking replaced radiator a day before honda acco...

Q: car was smoking replaced radiator a day before

asked by on June 30, 2017

I just had a radiator put in a day after car started smoking but temperature gage didn't move. Let it cool drove off about 15 minutes later car started smoking again but this time the temperature gage went all the way up . Put water in it got home turned it off opened the hood i heard sizzling looked under car and all the water was coming out that i just put in but the water wasn't coming from the radiator.

If you request an engine overheating diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. In the interim, of course it’s not recommended to drive the car if it is overheating because overheating can warp the cylinder head and/or engine block causing costly damage. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level (including that due to leaks), a faulty thermostat (by the way, engine cooling system thermostats exposed to overheating must be replaced as the thermostat ITSELF is subject to damage from overheating), a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. Exhaust blockages, very underinflated tires, and transmission faults can also cause, or contribute to, overheating. If you request the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.