Q: Truck stalls when stopping

My truck stalls when I come to a stop, but it runs fine while driving on the highway.

A: Hi. Normally, I would suspect that the idle...

Hi. Normally, I would suspect that the idle control valve is the problem, but that isn’t the only thing that could be wrong with your vehicle. Vacuum leaks could also cause a rough idle and if its big enough, could stall the engine. Also, an injector that is stuck open or fuel pressure that is too high could effectively flood out and stall your engine. A Check Engine Light could be illuminated which can tell you exactly what the problem is. With all of the variables present, I would suggest the help from one of the mechanics from YourMechanic to inspect the stalling problem and replace any damaged parts.