Q: Check Engine Light is on - code P0126

Check Engine light. Error code P0126. Called Mazda and was told thermostat needs to be replaced

A: Hello there. Many common faults will cause ...

Hello there. Many common faults will cause the P0126 Code with your 2008 Mazda 3. The P0126 code meaning is "Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Stable Operation." This is telling us the car is reading a coolant temperature that is below specifications. Common faults that will cause this code are the coolant temperature sensor, thermostat, a wiring harness fault, or a failing temperature gauge.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your location to determine why the Check Engine Light is on and suggest the needed repairs.