Q: Warning lights come on while backing down a hill, Infiniti G25

The warning lights and dash indicators are coming on and off. When I turn of the engine and then turn it back on, all the warning lights and indicators go out and then stay off until I back down a hill from my driveway. When I'm backing down the hill, that is when they come back on. What is the cause of these warning lights malfunctioning?

A: There is a short somewhere causing the ligh...

There is a short somewhere causing the lights to work intermittently. However, to provide more insight as to where the short might be, I would need to know exactly which lights are illuminating intermittently. I’m guessing that it is not truly all of them. Some of the lights are controlled by control modules, while some of the lights are connected directly to switches. If all of the lights truly are coming on, suspect a faulty instrument cluster. A poor cluster ground could also cause erratic operation. Have the warning lights problem inspected the next time you are experiencing this in order to have this correctly resolved.