Q: Van bogging down

asked by on February 10, 2016

My van idles rough, won't take fuel, bogs down, spits, and backfires. I also can't get it to go over 40 MPH.

The engine in these vehicles have too many possible problems to give you one or two but more than a dozen possible causes for the runs rough lack of power. I will give you the top two that stand out for possibilities. The fuel pump and filter low on fuel pressure. The mass air flow sensor failed. I recommend you have a certified mechanic, like ones from YourMechanic, to come by and inspect your vehicle and replace your fuel pump, if needed.