Q: When my car is idling the rpms and battery gauge drop off and it acts like it wants to die.

When I stop at a light the car acts like it wants to die. When I push on the gas the car seems to have a hard time shifting and it seems like I have to push the peddle down farther to get it to shift. Any advice would be great.

Idle Control Valve Replacement $146.15 - $920.51 Get a Quote

Hello Nick, What are you are describing sounds like potentially a dirty or failing idle air control valve which reads the air intake into the engine. The computer uses this data to make adjustments to the air/fuel ratio to keep the motor running smoothly. When this is not working properly, this may cause the engine to lack acceleration and stall in many cases at low speed or in idle situations as you have described. As the engine RPM’s drop, this may also explain the drop in voltage you see in your charging gauge. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.