Q: My car engine is knocking constantly - what does this mean?

Engine knock is constant at idle and driving oil level is fine and it doesnt idle rough car drives fine take off iis quick like it always has been can you help thanks.

Hello. If the engine is running fine but the knock is consistent it may be a few different things. It can be coming from the camshaft actuator or it can be a rod knock starting. I have also had a number of engine mounts fail on this vehicle and cause this. I usually listen to each area of the engine until I can pinpoint where the noise is coming from. If you need to have this engine knock checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this noise.