Q: Problems with the Driver's Side Blend Door Actuator

I was only getting hot air out of the driver's side. Settings didn't matter. I manually turned the driver's side actuator to full cold but when I turn the car off and then back on, the actuator then turns back to all hot. I tried to recalibrate the doors by pulling the fuse for a minute, but got the same result: it turns and stays all hot. Is this a problem with the actuator or the computer controlling it?

Turning the actuator to full cold will not find the problem since the actuator internal sensor is bad and cannot control the motor and then will default all the way to heat. You can replace the actuator and run the calibration again. If you have to wait before getting it done, you can move it all the way to cold and then disconnect the wiring connector for the time being until it is fixed.

3. Problems with the Driver's Side Blend Door Actuator