Q: Alright my daughter brought her car in for oil change they said CV axles were bad needs new tires too. How to diagnose CV issue

Had oil changed and they told my daughter CV axles on 2006 Mazda 6 were bad I don't hear any popping just sounds like front tire making noise. Suggestions on what this could be I know where she took her car they work off commission.

The oil changer may have seen the CV axle boots torn open. This would allow the lube to be washed out of the joint and dirt and water to enter and damage the joint. You would not hear any noise until all the grease lube is cleared out of the joints and joint binds causing the clicking you mention. You could have the axles replaced or the joints cleaned and new boots put on but replacement axles would be less labor and most likely cheaper to get them replaced as an assembly.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr