Q: How do you work the Rear Window Defroster?

How do you work the Rear Window Defroster?

Your car is equipped with both front and rear defrosters. While the front defroster is controlled with the fan speed/blower knob and ties into your air conditioner, the rear defroster is different. Here’s how to work it:

1. Locate the Rear Defrost button on the Heating and Air Conditioning controls.

2. Press it.

3. The defroster will automatically turn on.

4. If the car’s battery is low, or you turn the ignition off, the defroster will turn off after a set period of time.

5. Press the Rear Defrost button again to turn it back on after auto shutoff.

Tip

If your car has heated mirrors, the Rear Defrost button will turn those on and off as well.