Q: Q: Car shakes at highway speeds

My car has 126,000 miles (mostly highway). When I have to brake at highway speed, the car starts shaking. I had this happen with a previous car and it was solved by balancing/rotating the tires; so I had that same thing done for my current car’s shaking problem. Since purchasing this car used, I have not changed the brake pads or the rotors. In my research I’ve seen that is important. Is this something that I can (Safely) wait about or should I have it corrected immediately?

Hi! At your mileage the pads and rotors have of course been replaced or serviced before. It is likely due for another brake appointment. If the brakes are presenting issues it is not something that you should wait on. Waiting isn’t safe because it will cause (more) damage to other brake components and possibly steering components such as tie rods. It is best to attend to a brake issue immediately to minimize the cost needed for repairs.

If you decide to get this fixed, feel free to reach out to a qualified mechanic who can diagnose the shaking you’re experiencing. They will also assess the condition of your brakes and address any issues that arise.

3. Q: Car shakes at highway speeds