Q: There is a repititive squeak during acceleration usually between 1,000 and 2,000 rpms. CVT

I have had this sound basically since buying the car new in '14. When accelerating (doesn't happen when revving in P) in D, at a speed between 20-40 mph and rpms between 1 and 2 thousand, I will hear this whirring, squeaking, somewhat high pitched repetitive sound. It will not make this noise with my foot off the gas or slightly on the gas or even when going hard on the gas. This noise will only occur when accelerating about 1/4 of the way.

A: Hello. Typically squealing noises related t...

Hello. Typically squealing noises related to engine speed are attributed to the drive belts. It may be a pulley, or the belt itself slipping. This can happen for many reasons. It does not happen in Park because the engine is not under any type of load. When the engine is actually powering the car, and all of its other systems driven by the drive belt, the noises are more likely to occur. To start, inspect the drive belts with the car off. You are looking for anything loose or with excess play. Most vehicles are equipped with an auto tensioner that will keep the belt in place. This component is not uncommon to have to replace. Further inspection is needed, and the best thing you can do is locate where the noise is coming from.