Q: air conditioner not blowing air from dash vents, but blowing air from side vents

The air conditioning in my cadillac doesn't blow out of the vents on the dash. But it blows air out of the side vents on the doors. How do I use the self diagnostics feature on my air conditioner?

A few different items can cause the air to not blow out of the dash vents. The most common are a blend door or a control switch. The best method for the AC diagnosis feature can be found in the vehicles owners manual. I recommend having your AC checked by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to have the problem diagnosed and repaired correctly.

• air conditioner not blowing air from dash vents, but blowing air from side vents