Q: My Jeep shifts great at the begining, but after about 25 minutes of driving, it doesn't shift out and the D5 starts flashing

My jeep shift out fine at the start but after about 25 minutes of driving it started to don't shift out and the D5 light start flashing

Hey there. This is a common issue related to the transmission pressure switch failing. The transmission pressure switch is a unit that monitors the fluid pressure inside the transmission and relays this to the transmission control module which tells the transmission when to shift. When this is not working properly, this can cause inaccurate signals to be sent to the control module which will cause problems in shifting. If you would like to have this checked by an expert, I recommend having a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the transmission issue and follow through with repairs.

• My Jeep shifts great at the begining, but after about 25 minutes of driving, it doesn't shift out and the D5 starts flashing