Q: SUV sounds like 2 pieces knocking together underneath

My SUV sounds like it's literally falling apart underneath me when I'm driving. It sounds like 2 pieces are knocking together. Can you tell me what this means?

Hi there. There are a number of things that can cause this. The most common causes of noise under this vehicle are loose frame cross members or worn out shocks. If the springs are worn out then the control arm bump stops may be hitting the frame. I typically get under the vehicle and inspect the suspension and steering for worn out or loose parts as there are a lot os possibilities here. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose this for you.

3. SUV sounds like 2 pieces knocking together underneath