Q: Bad ball joints and wheel bearings

Okay so I took my car in today and they said I needed two ball joints replaced and a wheel bearing replaced. I have an 85 mile drive tonight and I asked them if it should be okay and they said yes but get it fixed soon. I just want a second opinion on if it will be okay to drive 85 miles on the freeway there and back. I have never noticed anything while driving, no noises or anything. I had originally taken my car to get the tires rotated and they told me this.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Depending on the severity of this, you should be fine making the drive. Generally, when either the ball joints or wheel bearings catastrophically fail, there is ample warning and plenty of symptoms ahead of time. I would agree with what you were told in that you will need to have them replaced soon as they will progressively get worse fairly quickly. If you would like to have a second opinion on this, a qualified pro from YourMechanic can inspect the steering, wheels, and suspension, and can replace the ball joints and bearings if necessary.

3. Bad ball joints and wheel bearings