Q: Caliper sticking

After having repair work completed ( ball joints, failing wheel bearing on front driver side, and rotors on the rear) I had to return my vehicle because a caliper was sticking on the driver side rear tire that had the rotor replaced and creating heat from friction. The shop replaced the caliper saying it was faulty. Is this common or something possibly created or overlooked from original repairs completed?

Hello. This is not usually a common problem, however, it is possible and can happen for a variety of unforeseen reasons. Usually when a caliper sticks it is a result of a misaligned caliper or potentially a wheel bearing that has failed due to lack of lubrication. This can also happen when the brake line itself has collapsed causing the fluid not to release which keeps pressure in the system forcing the pads to not release. Although these are not all of the possibilities, these are some that should be looked at when addressing something like this.

3. Caliper sticking