Q: Will a oxygen sensor cause your transmission to stop pulling

Was driving down the road and the transmission stop pulling. Check engine light code idicates oxygen sensor will this cause it

A faulty oxygen sensor will cause the engine to run less efficiently (use more gas than usual) and may degrade engine performance to some extent. However, failure of the oxygen sensor itself can not cause the transmission to fail or operate poorly. The occurrence of the code identifying the oxygen sensor and your transmission failure are just a coincidence. There are engine faults that can sort of mimic transmission failures such as a faulty throttle position sensor. Also, you might just have a low transmission fluid level. Inasmuch as your check engine light is on, I would suggest you simply request a check engine light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic can diagnose both the issue with the oxygen sensor and let you know if perhaps something other than an internal transmission fault is at issue here. Obviously, if it is determined that you have a major transmission malfunction, that will require repair or rebuilding. Again, though, get a diagnostic first because other simpler possibilities should be ruled out. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

3. Will a oxygen sensor cause your transmission to stop pulling