Q: Gas gauge stuck on empty

asked by on February 08, 2017

Gas gauge reads empty even when full tank ,, also sometimes it will only take $10 in gas when empty

This is a problem likely related to your fuel tank sending unit. The fuel tank sending unit is a small float type component (or sensor) inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, this change is detected and relayed in the form of a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your fuel sending unit.