Q: Check engine light flashing occasionally

The car has check engine light flashing during increase in speed with RPM around or higher than 1700. It happens in the morning. The issue happens sporadically and is different from time to time. At some occasions, it would stop flashing quickly, other times it would be flickering during the entire drive. Sometimes, it would go away after the car is restarted. I had similar issues six months ago and took it for a tuneup. What could be causing this? What should I do? Thanks.

Hello. It is possible that you will need to have your car tuned up again. During this tune-up, it will be important to make sure that the ignition control module, the spark plug wires, and the spark plugs are replaced using original equipment manufacturer (OEM) spark plugs. It is also possible that the fuel injector is faulty, there are burned valves in the engine, an engine cylinder is dead, or that the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is faulty. I would recommend that you have the engine power train inspected by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They can inspect the source of your Check Engine Light at your home or office.