Q: Whistling noise from front passenger side wheel - 2010 Scion tC

When I drive, typically above 50 miles per hour, I begin to hear an audible whistling noise coming from my front passenger side wheel area. I thought this was my wheel bearing wearing out, so I replaced that, and I also replaced the knuckle and ball joint due to the joint leaking and the knuckle being cracked. While torn apart, I also checked the axle and found no signs of damage or wear. I test drove the car once completed and it still made the same noises. What could be causing this noise? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

A: Hello. This noise is sometimes made by the ...

Hello. This noise is sometimes made by the "wear tab" on brake pads. This is a small metal clip that touches the brake rotor when the brake pad has a small amount of brake material left on the tab. When it touches the moving brake rotor, it makes a high-pitched squeal or whistle, and even moving air across the clip can "whistle".

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to perform an inspection of your brakes to determine the source of the noise and suggest any necessary repairs.