Q: Whistling noise from front passenger side wheel - 2010 Scion tC

When I drive, typically above 50 miles per hour, I begin to hear an audible whistling noise coming from my front passenger side wheel area. I thought this was my wheel bearing wearing out, so I replaced that, and I also replaced the knuckle and ball joint due to the joint leaking and the knuckle being cracked. While torn apart, I also checked the axle and found no signs of damage or wear. I test drove the car once completed and it still made the same noises. What could be causing this noise? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hello. This noise is sometimes made by the "wear tab" on brake pads. This is a small metal clip that touches the brake rotor when the brake pad has a small amount of brake material left on the tab. When it touches the moving brake rotor, it makes a high-pitched squeal or whistle, and even moving air across the clip can "whistle".

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to perform an inspection of your brakes to determine the source of the noise and suggest any necessary repairs.