Q: Bulkhead sleeve replaced now have sensor issues 2009 Ford F150

asked by on December 31, 2016

Can ya'll answer something?? I got my 09 F150's transmission service done for its 100k at my local Ford dealership, a week later I have a leak and they changed my bulkhead sleeve and now I've been back everyday since with sensor problems.. evidently my PCM now magically doesn't send connections to my ABS, Cluster, Transmission etc.. dash is showing a wrench light and my truck won't shift. The dealership cleared the codes and updated the PCM but that hasn't worked. After the codes are cleared the truck is fine but after 4 hours of it being shut off i go out to crank it and the same issue happens. I just don't understand how me having my truck 7 years and have never seen the check engine light now magically appears after a transmission service and bulkhead change

Hello - this issue suggests that either the engine/transmission wiring harness was damaged when the bulkhead sleeve was replaced, or one of the engine/transmission CAN bus connectors is loose. The CAN bus is the major lelectrical signal connector between all the critical systems that run your truck. If you are not confident that your dealer/service center can get this back to normal operation, I would recommend a careful electrical inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.