Q: When I drive normally for 10km the car get stuck to third gear, no up gear or lower, The N blinks. Switching off makes it normal

I have recently pirchased a mitsubish airtrek car, after purchasing the car I changed both engine oil and transmission oil. I drove it for about 40 km, the vehicle get stuck to gear third from which it cant go to Four or Second and First. The neutral N indicator lights on by blinking. When I use + and - gear input it will allow me only second and third gear. I sent to a mechanic he said to have diagnosed it with error code P1603 but he could not fix it. Tried to change transmission fluid but it could not resolve. I need help

A: Hello. If the transmission is sticking in g...

Hello. If the transmission is sticking in gear then that is the first sign of transmission failure. I would like to know how the fluid looked. If it was very dirty then the transmission is failing. If not then it may have a stuck valve body or there may be a sensor issue.

A voltage meter and a scan tool would be needed to properly diagnose this. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your shifting issue firsthand and repair it as necessary.