Q: Smoke coming out of car and oil level is low

Hello I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS It was working just fine but on the Highway I realized there was a cloud of smoke coming from my car I quickly got off the highway and noticed an oil leak pretty bad and white smoke was just coming from under my engine.. my car wasn't overheated or anything but now the oil pressure low light is coming on and when i start the car it sounds louder kinda like a tractor it will still drive but I haven't as I'm skeptical I might mess something up. I did check the oil dip stick and noticed oil was completely out. I had just recently did an oil change last week Hmmm ..

Hello. These are symptoms that you definitely don’t want to hear. You are correct, don’t start the engine, or drive the vehicle until you are able to get this fixed. Determine where the oil was pouring out (oil drain plug fell out, new oil filter was loose, and let oil under pressure escape, etc.) and correct the fault. Get the correct amount of oil back in the engine. Certainly, engine damage may have been done. I would recommend having an oil is low inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to diagnose the car in person and proceed with the appropriate fix.

3. Smoke coming out of car and oil level is low