Q: Water leak in the trunk of my car

I am having a water leak in the trunk of my car, and I am trying to figure out where it is coming from. The car does not have a sunroof. The water is pooling underneath the spare tire and it is saturating the trunk liner above the spare tire. The water is clean, so I think it is coming from above and not below the car. When I open the rear hatch, there is water in the corners and the padding behind the plastic around the latch is wet. Any idea what this could be from?

It could be that the water is leaking in past the trunk weather stripping or possibly the drain in the bottom of the trunk is plugged. If you are brave you can get inside the trunk with a flashlight, close it and have someone spray water on it with a hose. You should be able to spot the leak this way. Of course, you could always skip closing yourself in the trunk and have a professional pinpoint your leak instead.

3. Water leak in the trunk of my car