Q: The car cranks but it won't start

My car would not start. It cranks but it can't turn on. It has a manual transmission. I have checked and tested many things on it, such as timing belt and filter. I replaced the fuel pump, installing a brand new one. Could it be an issue with the grounding unit? How can I get my car to start? Please give me some advice.

Fuel pressure and ignition spark need to be checked. Also, having fault codes checked in the engine computer is also necessary as hard faults that may prevent the vehicle starting could be stored. A faulty ground will generally be accompanied with other malfunctions, but a voltage drop test can be conducted. You should see less than 0.1V on a ground side voltage drop test. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and expertise to diagnose and correct the no-start issue.

3. The car cranks but it won't start