Q: Possible oil pan puncture

asked by on February 17, 2016

I was crossing a railroad track, and it hit the bottom of my car in the front. When I got home and parked, I saw a big puddle of what I think is oil. It had a coffee color to it; I bent down to look at the car and saw a stream of it coming down. It drained out pretty quickly, so my guess is that I punctured the oil pan.

Oil Pan Replacement $294.47 - $1359.54 Get a Quote
Oil Pan Gasket Replacement $218.74 - $648.13 Get a Quote

A check of the underneath will be needed to diagnose the damage. If it is the oil pan, then a new pan would be needed, along with a new gasket and a fresh oil change. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car’s underside and replace the oil pan and oil pan gasket, if needed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr