Q: Car making thumping sound

asked by on February 09, 2016

My car is making a noise from the front end. I hear a thumping when I slow down.

A thumping is most likely coming from the front rotors being warped, and the pads jumping back and forth in the caliper while braking. The rotors and pads should be inspected and replaced as a set; putting new pads with bad rotors will only ruin the pads, and putting new rotors with old pads will ruin the new rotors. I recommend you have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic inspect your rotors and pads, and replace them as a set, if necessary.