Q: Air conditioner makes clicking sound when truck turns on, low air pressure unless max AC is used

asked by on February 14, 2017

Not sure if it's the actuator or accumulator needing repair.... makes clicking sound when turned on and low air pressure unless max AC is selected

AC Recharge $224.56 - $241.84 Get a Quote

When the engine turns on, if the A/C switch is off, the compressor clutch is not engaged so the only "noise" should be from the compressor pulley freewheeling. If the air flow is too low at the lower blower speeds, that would suggest a problem with the operation of the blend doors or perhaps the blower motor. If you feel the cooling efficiency is low, that is the air blowing out of the vents is not 40 degrees or so less than ambient, considering these other issues you are having, your best bet is to just request an air conditioning system diagnostic/inspection. The responding certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get all the problems investigated and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.