Q: How do I know when the spare tire needs to be replaced?

How do I know when the spare tire needs to be replaced?

A: Like your primary tires, your spare will ev...

Like your primary tires, your spare will eventually wear out. However, you should have years of trouble-free use out of it. Because it’s used only during emergencies, it should last a very long time. With that being said, you should know the signs to watch for that indicate it’s time to replace it. Just follow these Tips

• Look for wear indicator bars in the tread of your spare tire, just like your primary tires.

• There are three wear indicator bars on the tire, marked with “location marks”.

When you do replace the spare, make sure the replacement tire is the exact same size as the original. Never try to mount a full-size tire on the spare wheel.