Q: Why does my Toyota Camry have traction light tire pressure light and vsc light on? Could it be the battery?

asked by on July 17, 2017

This car had another battery in it when I was going to purchase it but I never started it up. We put another battery in it a Toyota and when I saw the vsc light and traction light google showed it goes away in 15 miles and so did the dealer guy. Now these lights are on and idk what to do, everything is fine with the car. Also the tire pressure light blinks for 60 seconds then goes solid. I don't think it's a sensor because the car is brand new but correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you for your help

Hi there. If there are traction control lights on, it’s possible that the traction control has been disabled. There is a button on your dash that allows you to turn it on and off. VSC stands for vehicle stability control system, it uses the wheel speed sensors along with the brake system to safety control, slow, or stop vehicle. This is done by it’s ability to read the speed of each wheel and modulating individual brakes in order to keep the vehicle under control. If any damage occurs to the wheel speed sensors or any of the other it’s components, the system will shut down and set the VSC light. I think since there are multiple lights on your dash, the best way to determine why they are on, and what has triggered them is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a warning light inspection.