Q: Fuel pump not priming

The car is not starting. It doesn't even crank. I cannot tell if the fuel pump is priming.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. The first priority is to get the vehicle to crank over, without engine/camshaft RPM’s, the engine computer will not start up the fuel pump. The starting circuit needs to be diagnosed. Some of the causes could be an ignition switch, a clutch or transmission range switch (depends on transmission type: manual or automatic), a starter relay, or the starter motor itself. My advice is to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect the starting problems with your vehicle.