Q: Trans JERK when accelerating from stop.

My buick started intermittent Hard Shift, all gears and the trans shop installed a new accumulator valve, which fixed the hard shift problem, however about 3 weeks later it started a new problem : When accelerating from a stop, ( lever in D position ), it will JERK hard ( as if not in gear ), then upshift smoothly. I have been manually shifting the lever to low ( 1 ), for about a week and it has not jerked. If I start off VERY SLOWLY it seems to deter the jerk. I have installed a new front trans mount but it has not helped. I have put about 12,000 miles on this car since I bought it about 6 months ago. There were no shift / jerk problems when I test drove it before purchase. Could the trans, range cable be the culprit ?

This may be a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.