I have a 2002 Chevy s10 4x4. On the left front side of th...

I have a 2002 Chevy s10 4x4. On the left front side of the truck I have oil everywhere. Right in front of the wheel well. And it’s blown back everywhere. What would be the cause of that? Mechanic's Assistant: When was your...

I have a 2002 Chevy s10 4x4. On the left front side of the truck I have oil everywhere. Right in front of the wheel well. And it’s blown back everywhere. What would be the cause of that? Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change? The mileage was 172897 and it’s at 187183 now Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S10 yourself? What have you tried so far? Nothing yet. Looking for the problem Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? The coolent is a brown looking color. And the oil pressure drops. Just had to put 7 quarts of oil in it.

Automotive Expert
Hello, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. I’m really sorry that you’re having this issue and I’m going to help you through it, but please understand that I (respectfully) don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us to diagnose/repair your vehicle. Also, understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience/understanding is appreciated. Please allow me up to 10 minutes to gather schematics and other pertinent information for this issue. I do not know anything about the fees or charge so please if you have any concerns, direct them to customer service. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Thank you. **the oil cooler sounds like it crapped out. the oil is cooled by the antifreeze in the [radiator](/topics-radiator-chevy/). it runs through separator tubes inside of the radiator. the oil cooler lines connect to the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side of the radiator. it sounds like the internal tubes of the radiator ruptured, mixing oil with the coolant, and the oil cooler lines ruptured, spewing the oil all over the place.**

Oh now that sounds logical! That would make sense. That will be the first thing I try. Sounds exactly like what's going on. Thank you so much you've been a big help
Automotive Expert
**the oil cooler sounds like it crapped out. the oil is cooled by the antifreeze in the radiator. it runs through separator tubes inside of the radiator. the oil cooler lines connect to the radiator. it sounds like the internal tubes of the radiator ruptured, mixing oil with the coolant, and the oil cooler lines ruptured, spewing the oil all over the place.**

Thank you
Automotive Expert
see attachment
Automotive Expert
the oil cooler lines are on the left side. the transmission cooler lines are on the right side.