Q: My car stopped on the highway said low oil pressure took it to a shop they change the sensor still have the same problem

Took to the shop 3 times car keeps dying they change oil pressure sensor said they cleaned some oil lines and still don't know what's the problem not really sure what to do from here can you please help. The car will run for a second then I push the gas and it stops like it's not getting no fuel or something. Then it will completely stop running and turning on at all I will have to get it towed to the shop they change the pressure sensor again still having the same problem please help

I believe you have 2 problems here. The fundamental problem is that you may REALLY have low oil pressure, since replacing the oil pressure sending unit has not changed the "low oil pressure" indicator. I would get a dial-type pressure gauge hooked up to the engine to see what oil pressure (in psi) you have both cold and hot - especially hot idle. Given your mileage, you may have worn crankshaft and connecting rod bearings, clogged oil pump pickup, worn oil pump, or other high mileage related issues which may require a rebuild of your engine.

The oil pressure sending unit does report "low pressure" to the engine control unit, which in turn shuts down the fuel pump (to protect the engine). You can jumper the oil pressure switch to run the fuel pump to get it to your service center. I would recommend having a Oil Pressure Light is ON Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your location, and diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• My car stopped on the highway said low oil pressure took it to a shop they change the sensor still have the same problem