Q: MY truck wouldn't start this morning after several attempts, now it does. What could have been the problem.

This morning it was about 53 degrees F. The truck wouldn't start. It would weakly try to turn over but wouldn't. I turned the key off and could still hear a noise coming from behind the radio. I turned all instruments off and still heard the noise. I disconnected the batter and reconnected it. The truck finally started. I drove it to work and turned it off. I immediately tried to restart it and nothing: no sound or anything, only lights.

I let the truck sit for awhile and went outside at lunch time and the truck started twice just fine.

Hi there. From the description you have provided, leads me to believe the slow and no crank may be, a battery and/or battery connection issue. It could also be, a faulty starter relay or starter concern. Proper diagnoses should be performed to avoid unnecessary repairs. I recommend having your vehicle’s intermittent no crank be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from Yourmechanic.

Hi there:

Usually when a vehicle is hard to start when it starts to get cold it’s due to low cold cranking amps in the battery. However, this seems closer to an ignition relay or faulty battery cables; as you’ve indicated that it’s not consistent in starting or not starting. Since there are several items that could be faulty, you should have a professional mobile mechanic come to you and complete a car is hard to start inspection; so they can determine what’s causing this problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. MY truck wouldn't start this morning after several attempts, now it does. What could have been the problem.