Q: My clutch pedal is stuck to the floor. A while back I started hearing noise in my clutch when I pressed it. The car drive fine, th

asked by on May 08, 2017

A few months back, I started hearing a humming noise in my clutch pedal as well as feel it vibrate. The gears changed smoothly but the noise and vibration was still there. Sometimes the noise would not be so loud and other times it would. Now, the clutch pedal is stuck to the floor but I can still change gears even though it's parked. I can still crank it up with the pedal to the floor. What could be the problem?

Your vehicle uses a hydraulically operated clutch system. The first thing to do is check the fluid level in the master cylinder and check for leaks although leaks at the slave cylinder might not be apparent. Internal seal failures can cause the same problem that one might experience (i.e., no clutch operation) with visible leaks and a low fluid level. The noise may be due to a failed clutch release bearing. Due to the noise and the misoperation, if the slave cylinder turns out to be faulty, you will probably need a new clutch as well as hydraulic components. The cause of the fault that you are reporting can be pinpointed if you request a hydraulic clutch system diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and let you know exactly what must be done. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.