Q: Hyundai Elantra 2017- RPM is going up and same time Speed is reducing on Highway

asked by on December 29, 2016

While accelerating rpm is moving up and speed is reducing to 80, 60 ,40 from 100 mph on highway. However after shutting down and starting it again resolved the issue at that time but would like to know what can be the issue which might have cause this.

It was running smoothly for 300+ KM on that drive and all of a sudden i felt like accelerating is doing nothing but just increasing the RPM only and speed was reducing sharply and I had to stop the car in the middle of the highway.

In most cases this issue is caused by a faulty speed sensor on the transmission or a ECU glitch that should be reviewed or repaired by a Hyundai dealership. Since your car is a new model, it might be best for you to take your car to the dealership so they can determine if it’s a computer issue; which should be covered under warranty.