Q: The car has to be jump-started, the dash shows lights on

Hello. My car has had difficulty starting. I tried to turn it on the other day and it wouldn't start at all. I use the keyles entry in my car and it still works fine, even when the car cannot be started. When the issue happens, I would jump-start it and it would be okay. I was driving it for about 40 minutes without any problems, but the next day it couldn't be turned on again. The dashboard has lights illuminated as well. The keyless entry works fine though. What could be causing this?

There is a service bulletin to replace the two battery cable ends on these vehicles. It seems like the cable ends do not tighten and make good contact. You would have enough power to lock and unlock doors, and you would get dash lights, but the starter will draw more power than the cable ends can pass causing it not to crank. This explains that a jump will work since it will bypass the connection to your battery. Since there is a service bulletin for this, you will probably want to bring it to your dealer to see if they have you covered. If you want this work done by an independent mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to replace the battery cables for you.

3. The car has to be jump-started, the dash shows lights on