Q: Clicking and popping noise

I used my 4 wheel dive to get unstuck from the snow today. Once I was out and on a clear path I put my jeep in N and turned the 4wheel drive off. I was driving again in 2wheel drive and I started to get a clicking noise like you would hear if you were going up a hill on a roller coaster then it popped. I put my jeep back in N and turned the 4wheel drive back on then off again and it is still making the same noise. It never made the noise until I used the 4wheel drive. What is the issue

This is a common sign of a failing CV joint. A CV (Constant Velocity) joint is a shaft that connects the transmission to the wheels, essentially transferring the power from the drive train directly to the wheels. The CV joint is packed with a special grease and sealed tight with the rubber or plastic boot, that is held in place with two clamps. The most common problem with the CV joints is when the protective boot cracks or gets damaged. Once this happens, the grease comes out and moisture and dirt get in, causing the CV joint to wear faster and eventually fail due to lack of lubrication and corrosion. When the CV joint becomes damaged or worn, you may hear a clicking or popping sound coming from this area. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your CV joints.