Q: I have a Kia Optima 2016 and the code P200A came up what is it and is it serious?

asked by on May 15, 2017

A code came up P200A what does it mean and is it serious?

Hi there. The code you listed is a Kia specific OBD-II trouble code that indicates an issue with the intake manifold, specifically ’bank one’ of the intake manifold. Your engine on your Kia Optima is equipped with an intake manifold flow control valve to promote maximum air/fuel mixture that is sent to the combustion chamber. The valve restricts air flow, causing it to tumble or swirl. The tumbling action helps ensure that the fuel and air mix thoroughly and burn faster. The intake manifold flow control valve and variable valve timing work together to improve fuel economy, idle stability, and emissions. It’s possible that this intake manifold runner valve in need of repair or replacement.