Q: Transmission is slipping

asked by on December 11, 2016

Check engine light on.Tranny slow and slipping.trouble code says low voltage fuel sensor circuit bad or not woking.did filter n fluid change. Was ok for 5 days.now same thing again.

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing more than one issue. The trouble code you have listed appears to be for an issue with the vehicle’s fuel pressure sensor or circuit. It may be possible that the fuel pressure sensor, or the associated wiring and connector have developed an issue and need to be replaced or repaired. A voltage and resistance test may be able to determine if this is the case. In most instances a fault with the fuel system will not affect the transmission operation, but can affect the engine performance. If the transmission is slipping, despite it being recently serviced, then it may be possible that there is some sort of issue with transmission. Perhaps an issue with one of the solenoids or switches, or an internal issue, with the torque converter, gears, or clutch packs. As these sorts of issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what the source of your check engine light and apparent transmission issues may be.