Q: Oil leaking over two weeks

asked by on February 25, 2016

My car engine oil is leaking. It gets below the required level within two to three weeks. There is no oil spot under my car, so I am guessing that it leaked somewhere inside?

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The engine may be leaking oil onto the undercarriage where you can’t see it, but more likely, the engine is burning oil. This generally happens when either the valve guides or piston rings are worn. If there is too much clearance between the valves and guides, oil will be sucked past into the engine. Worn rings will also allow oil to enter the combustion chamber. Excessive oil burning can result in blue smoke from the exhaust. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your vehicle for oil leaks and perform the needed repairs.