Q: Brakes squeaking as I reverse out of garage

My brakes are starting to squeak as I reverse out of the garage. I'm pretty sure that this is the first time I'm experiencing this with this car. What could be the cause of this?

I heard somewhere that it could be due to water getting on the brakes from the rainy weather. Is this possible or is it likely something else?

You are correct about the noise happening when the rotors get wet and then sit overnight they will get a light film of rust on the rotors and this will cause a squeak in the brakes until you stop a few times and clear away the surface rust. This can happen if the rotors get wet or in humid areas. This is pretty normal and not much can be done to stop it from happening.

3. Brakes squeaking as I reverse out of garage