Q: Car shaking and trying to stall.

Sometimes, when I am sitting at a traffic light, my car shakes like it is about to cut off. It also slows down when going uphill and jerks when I go over 60 MPH. When applying the brakes, the steering wheel shakes really bad and the car hesitates to go into gear while accelerating.

It sounds as though you have multiple problems. The shaking when braking is almost definitely warped brake rotors. Resurfacing, or replacing the brake rotors, as well as replacing the pads, should solve this. The jerking and lack of power under load sounds like you have a pretty severe engine misfire, quite possibly one related to the ignition system. If the check engine light is on, the first step would be to retrieve the stored diagnostic codes. These codes provide a good starting point for the diagnostic procedure. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose and repair all of the problems your Lexus is having.

3. Car shaking and trying to stall.