Q: My gas gauge is stuck on full

My gas gauge is stuck on full, when I turn the 2007 ford edge off. the gauge goes back to empty, when it is started the gauge goes to full.

This problem is likely related to your fuel tank sending unit. This is a small float type component inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, the float level changes and sends a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. If you would like to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace the fuel tank sending unit for you.

3. My gas gauge is stuck on full