Q: My gas gauge is stuck on full

My gas gauge is stuck on full, when I turn the 2007 ford edge off. the gauge goes back to empty, when it is started the gauge goes to full.

A: This problem is likely related to your fuel...

This problem is likely related to your fuel tank sending unit. This is a small float type component inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, the float level changes and sends a signal to the car's computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. If you would like to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace the fuel tank sending unit for you.